Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
LVN, PRN, Flu Clinics
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for scheduling patient appointments, ensuring medical necessity compliance, verifying eligibility, and posting payments. Position is responsible for performing direct and indirect patient care under the direction of a physician and within the scope of a licensed vocational nurse. Assist providers in the administration of patient care in assigned clinical areas. He/she assists with patient examinations, procedures, diagnostic studies, treatment, and dressing changes. He/she performs general administrative duties in accordance with government standards, as well as Memorial Hermann policies and procedures.
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has excellent opportunities for experienced professionals to work in a friendly, team-oriented environment. As the internal staffing pool for Memorial Hermann's network of facilities throughout the Greater Houston area, we offer the following benefits: steady, long-term assignments with flexible scheduling, a work environment and atmosphere consistently ranked among the best in Houston, great hourly rates and benefits that include a 403(b) retirement plan. Apply today and come to work in a caring atmosphere that allows you to focus on achieving the best possible patient outcomes.
*PRN Licensed Vocational Nurse position with opportunity for up to full time hours, based on availability.
*This position will administer flu shots in the clinics.`
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Vocational Nursing required.
Current State of Texas license/permit to practice Vocational Nursing (LVN); and
Current American Heart Association BLS/CPR certification or within 30 days of hire.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years of experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse required.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain good communications; ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees, physicians, patients, families, and the public.
- Working knowledge of ICD9/10 and CPT coding and insurance procedures.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Performs all office procedures with minimal assistance. Documents comprehensive patient information, care actions and patient responses with accuracy. Promotes organized care and office workflow. Utilizes and maintains office equipment safely and appropriately.
- Promotes efficient workflow in office. Uses and maintains appropriate resources to guide practice. Evaluates equipment and manages resources appropriately.
- Delivers appropriate care to patients, at a proficient level; is cross-trained to competently care for patients from multiple services/specialties such as: Primary Care, CCC, Urgent Care, Urology, OBGYN, Mental Health, and other specialty clinics.
- Delivers appropriate care to patients, at a competent level, including specialized skills according to the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with a multidisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of care, utilizing existing resources and staff, and setting appropriate priorities; participates in the development of clinical pathways and monitoring of performance outcomes.
- Reviews charts prior to patients’ scheduled appointment to assure that all requested lab work and diagnostic procedures have been completed and that reports have been returned and are accessible to the provider.
- Reviews, obtains, and records patient vital signs, temperature, pulse, height, weight and blood pressure and reason for visit and uses the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) appropriately and follows guidelines.
- Cross trains to perform patient access tasks, including: take messages and assist providers with return phone calls to patients and pharmacies appropriately.
- Exercises care in the operation and use of equipment and reference materials. Performs routine cleaning and preventative maintenance to ensure continued functioning of equipment.
- Direct patients to examination rooms; assists in preparing patients for examination. Notifies provider of patient’s arrival and readiness for their examination. Assists providers with patient examinations and procedures, including (but not limited to) surgical procedures, GYN exams, diagnostic studies, and treatments.
- Participates in some quality management initiatives. Contributes positively to the overall patient satisfaction scores. Maintains, documents, and evaluates quality control testing.
- Operates and monitors functioning of equipment; hands instruments to the provider. Conducts hearing, vision, breathing and EKG testing; records results in chart. Administers medications as directed using seven rights. Performs venipuncture, collects urine specimens, and complete lab tests procedures according to policies and procedures. Handles all specimens using Universal Precautions.
- Recognizes emergency situations, seeks assistance and intervenes appropriately. Monitors patient during and following procedures; looks for reactions and other visible complications; reacts to emergency situations; notifies the appropriate person in the event of a medical emergency.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile