Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
LMS Admin & E-Learning Spec
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time
- Job Level: Entry - Senior
- Travel: Varies by role
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryServes as an integral member of the Organizational Development & Learning team by contributing innovative ideas, participating on project/work teams and aligning work tasks to support department goals. The position is responsible for developing and maintaining the organization's learning management system (LMS) as well as designing, developing, implementing and evaluating online courseware. Typically reports to the Director of Organizational Development and Learning.
Education:Bachelor’s degree in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, Education Technology or related field
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of four (4) years of LMS Administration experience; Cornerstone LMS experience preferred
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience with courseware development tools preferred (Articulate, Captivate, SCROM)
- Highly technology-literate; ability to quickly learn new applications, software and tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle detail-oriented work while meeting schedules and deadlines
- Ability to shift priorities based on the current business needs and to make progress on multiple, concurrent projects
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Serves as the primary LMS Administrator and leads efforts to optimize and increase adoption of the system.
- Serves as the LMS subject matter expert, providing insights and best practices across the organization.
- Collaborates with Design and Development Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to determine effective methods to package and deploy various forms of training based on ease of use and completion requirements.
- Routinely collaborates with Information Systems team to develop and maintain operability of LMS system within the MHHS framework.
- Uploads, publishes, manages, tests, and deploys assigned content within Cornerstone, including, but not limited to: online courses, tests, surveys, evaluations, documents, and instructor-led training.
- Leads the development, maintenance, and enforcement of processes, practices, and service level agreements related to the use and administration of the LMS (Cornerstone).
- Provides technical assistance to learners and other system administrators. Supports learner accessibility and promotes efforts to improve user experience. Monitors and maintains security roles and permissions for selected administrators.
- Liaises with vendors to understand how to continuously integrate and align LMS with internal business priorities and initiatives.
- Maintains data integrity related to uploads and inputs from associated systems and software.
- Oversees and develops the general policies and procedures related LMS registration, approval workflows and course scheduling.
- Maintains catalog accuracy related to course descriptions and course/class changes.
- Generates reporting to provide visibility to adoption, completion status, and effectiveness of training solutions delivered via the LMS. Analyzes data and recommends direction and/or solutions.
- Builds knowledge of the LMS and all updates to ensure full utilization of all components that enhance the delivery of learning and development throughout the organization.
- Designs, develops, and edits online courseware using authoring software (Articulate, Captivate, and SCROM).
- Introduces different elements (text, audio, video, graphics, and animation) into new and current learning and training programs.
- Measures effectiveness of training and learning solutions; makes recommendations based on the findings.
- Serves as a contributing member on project/work teams and facilitates training/learning courses as needed.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer Houston Texas Imaging / Diagnostic
- Occupational Health RN (Contract Assignment) Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- Materials Management Attendant, Days - Memorial City Houston Texas Allied Health, Materials Management