LCSW - School Based Clinics
As part of our commitment to deliver extraordinary patient care, we redesigned our care management function. On this integrated care team, you’ll be empowered to streamline practices, improve safety and reliability of care, develop standards for medical necessity, reduce costs by eliminating unnecessary variation, and ultimately, create a better patient experience. You’ll help ensure every patient who walks through our doors receives an exceptional end-to-end patient care experience and gets home quickly and safely.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
As a part of the Care Management team, we get to help navigate and support patients, families, and the medical care team through complicated situations.– Michelle O., Case Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – School Based Clinics is an independent clinical practitioner providing psychological and psychosocial counseling to school/community based populations. The social worker intervenes with patients who have complex psychosocial needs, require assistance with eligibility determination for social programs and funding sources and qualify for community assistance from a variety of special funds and agencies.
Education: Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology or related field
Licenses/Certification: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) years of social work field experience
- Working knowledge/experience in case management
- Experience in psychosocial assessment and therapeutic counseling
- Ensures safe care to patients, staffs and visitors
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides individual, group and family therapy to students and their families.
- Develops psychosocial treatment assessments and treatment plans (reassess to determine if strategies are working towards treatment goals).
- Establishes good working relationships with clinic staff, students, families and school staff. The LCSW must be able to work collaboratively with parents, community service providers, clinic staff and school staff to promote student emotional wellbeing, positive social skills and the achieve academic goals.
- Completes and maintain notes/documentation in the EMR (Electronic Medical Record).
- LCSW must meet their number and outcome goals annually and provide documents for statistical reports and outcomes.
- Serves as an advocate to ensure that students and families receive appropriate services.
- Participates as a member of the IEP, ARD, IAT and other school based teams to develop interventions for promoting student’s academic success.
- Conducts classroom meetings/observations to address student’s needs and advises school staff as needed on behavioral strategies.
- Attends meetings to get updates and changes regarding community services.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Nurse Fellowship Program – Red Duke Trauma Institute, Medicine Services, and Emergency Department Services at Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center (For Internals Only) Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Critical Care, Nursing - Transplant
- Medical Assistant - MHMG Firethorne Katy Texas Medical Assistants
- Sr Medical Tech - Lab Processing/Phlebotomy Houston Texas Laboratory Services