Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Lab Tech, Days - Float Pool (Histology)
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for performing and overseeing various laboratory procedures/ processes as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year clinical work experience or graduate of an approved medical trade school program
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs daily lab operations including sample processing, result reporting/distribution, personnel direction (as appropriate), and clerical duties as required to maintain efficient work flow, at a competent level and according to the age/needs of the patient/population served, communicating special circumstances to appropriate personnel.
- Performs at least 50% of time in other job functions such as supply chain management, project management, and providing direction and oversight of others within assigned area.
- Interacts with hospital personnel, volunteers, physicians and patients as to specimens and orders coming into the Laboratory Services and with sensitivity to their needs.
- Complies with policies, procedures, and initiatives of laboratory services, the hospital, and system; understands, communicates and complies with standards and conditions set forth by various governmental and accrediting agencies including TJC, CAP, AABB, CMS, HCFA and CLIA.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiently and a commitment to the PI process.
- Gains/maintains functional knowledge of system computers as required by job assignment.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile