As part of our commitment to deliver extraordinary patient care, we redesigned our care management function. On this integrated care team, you’ll be empowered to streamline practices, improve safety and reliability of care, develop standards for medical necessity, reduce costs by eliminating unnecessary variation, and ultimately, create a better patient experience. You’ll help ensure every patient who walks through our doors receives an exceptional end-to-end patient care experience and gets home quickly and safely.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
As a part of the Care Management team, we get to help navigate and support patients, families, and the medical care team through complicated situations.– Michelle O., Case Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Infection Preventionist II role executes the implementation of the infection prevention program in a hospital, central and ambulatory care setting. This individual will be involved in the education of patients, health care providers, consultation to leadership and ambulatory/hospital staff. This individual will be involved in monitoring of healthcare practices that will place patients and healthcare providers at risk, surveillance of healthcare associated infections through chart abstraction, application of standardized criteria and data submission, and will communicate findings to healthcare providers and hospital leadership. The Infection Preventionist II is a active participant in accreditation and licensing activities. This position reports to the Regional Manager of Infection Prevention.
The Infection Preventionist II supports and executes Infection Prevention improvement projects across the continuum of care. The Infection Preventionist II collects, analyzes and reports healthcare associated infections and financial data in relation to cost of infection, performance improvement and patient safety.
Education:Bachelor degree in nursing, public health, or healthcare related field, Masters preferred
Licenses/Certifications: Certified in Infection Prevention (CIC) required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) to three (3) years of Infection Prevention experience required
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of statistics, microbiology, patient care practices, epidemiology required
- Knowledge of regulatory, licensing, and professional clinical guidelines preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of and executes robust process improvement techniques
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Patient Access Representative, Emergency Room, 7p - 7a (Wednesday to Saturday) Houston Texas Administrative / Support Services
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse- Nights, Southeast Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- RN - Labor & Delivery - Nights The Woodlands Texas Nursing, Nursing - Labor & Delivery