Hybrid Endovascular Certified Surgical Tech
The Surgical Services team at Memorial Hermann has built a reputation for caring and expertise for everything from general and trauma surgery to complex surgeries of the brain, spine, heart, colon and beyond. Our surgical teams practice the highest standards of safe, evidence-based, quality care to provide a personalized outcome-oriented experience across all of our surgical specialties. This means our patients benefit from a team of experienced healthcare professionals supported by state-of-the-art technology.
Take your career to the next level, join our body of experts and help lead our complex surgical programs into the future.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good listener
I’m motivated by the challenge to solve complex problems for my patients and improve processes for the teams I partner with. Being part of a team that is constantly evolving processes to provide the best care possible is empowering and exciting. We work hard and we support each other to put our patients first.– Janette C., Pediatric OR RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for providing expert perioperative patient care through the use of equipment and instrumentation. Position functions as a scrub assistant to the physician performing operative and/or invasive procedures. Works under the direction of a Registered Nurse and as outlined in the Surgical Technologist Skills Inventory; uses knowledge/expertise to act as a role model and resource for other staff.
Sign-On Bonus $5K - Hybrid Endovascular Certified Surgical Tech
*Full time; 7am-3pm (Monday -Friday)
*CST and BLS required
*1+year of Vascular experience required
*Hospital experience preferred
This position is located at Memorial Hermann Southeast.
Education: Graduate of a Surgical Technologist Program;orLicensed as an LVN in the State of Texas who has completed an internship;orCompleted on the job training program as a surgical technologist
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Grandfathered Surgical Technologists must have been actively employed to practice surgical technology in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center since before September 1, 2009
- In lieu of Certification (National Board of Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)) Surgical Technologists actively employed in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center before September 1, 2009 may be employed at Memorial Hermann in the same capacity, as a Non-Certified Surgical Technologist
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- 10 or more years experience as a surgical technologist and/or demonstrated competence in two (2) or more specialty areas
- Demonstrates clinical competency within all specialty areas and clinical expertise in a specified number of specialty areas, as determined by the individual facility needs
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Supports goals of unit and facilitates unit operations by serving as a resource specialist for an assigned operating room area/specialty service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic technique, advanced surgical techniques and practice of patient care techniques for all clients undergoing elective and emergency situations; performs duties in an expert manner according to the age/needs of the patient/population served.
- Verifies functioning and adequate availability of supplies/instruments/equipment prior to the surgical procedure as indicated by the surgeon’s preference card and other available resources; demonstrates the application of the principles of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner that provides for optimal patient care in the OR.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Supplemental Enteral Technician- Medical Center Houston Texas Allied Health, Dietary Services
- PRN Visitor Screener-Alvin Texas, Central Staffing Alvin Texas Central Staffing, PRN, Nursing Support
- CT Tech Cypress (part time varied schedule) Cypress Texas Imaging / Diagnostic