Location7600 Beechnut Street,Houston,TX 77074
Histology TechnologistSouthwest Hospital
Job DescriptionPosition responsible for the fixation, processing, cutting, mounting and staining of tissues for microscopic examination.
- Education: (none)
- Licenses/Certifications: Registered Histotechnologist (ASCP)
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Responsible for fixation, processing, cutting, mounting, and staining of tissues for microscopic examination.
- Serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to others.
- Gains and maintains functional knowledge of system computers as required by job assignment. Attends/conducts staff/organizational/educational meetings/inservices as assigned.
- Responsible for the oversight and performance of all histological procedures and associated corrective actions according to established policies and procedures.
- Evaluates and maintains technical procedures as appropriate to the department or facility.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.