Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Health Systems Engineer
Job DescriptionA Health Systems Engineer provides end-to-end business consulting and management engineering services throughout the Memorial Hermann Health System.
Education: Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, systems engineering, or mechanical engineering; Master’s degree preferred.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years' experience to include several of the following areas of expertise: consulting, operations, workflow and efficiency analysis, process and systems engineering, systems implementation, and leadership with broad-based key institutional initiatives. Two (2) years’ if obtained Master’s degree.
- General knowledge of core business consulting and management engineering, processes and methodologies.
- Proven ability to successfully execute projects of minimal to moderate complexity.
- Proficiency in use of Office and project efficiency tools (MS Excel, Word, Visio and statistical packages).
- Experience with time based cost efficiency methods of measurement, such as Time Driven Activity Based Costing.
- Ability to gather and document project based functional user requirements.
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of process and systems engineering, analytics, improvement, and implementation and execution methodologies and tools.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Possess knowledge and demonstrate use of business consulting, analytics and business intelligence, management engineering and operations research methodologies and tools.
- Understand principles associated with strategy and planning, execution and sustainability, transformation, integration and convergence, and revenue enhancement and expense reduction, and apply these with minimal guidance in project work.
- Perform business case analysis and feasibility, including the examination of costs, benefits, and risks associated with the proposed investment or project. Recommend alternatives for solutions and highlight strategic implications.
- Have experience applying process and systems engineering, analytics and operations research methods at every phase of a project (defining client needs and required functionality, documenting requirements, and design synthesis and system validation). Consider both the business and the technical needs of all stakeholders with the goal of providing a high quality product that meets the client needs.
- Be comfortable clarifying and evaluating the feasibility of a project’s scope, goals, deliverables and milestones. Coordinate with the client to assure readiness for efficient and effective team engagement and utilization of organizational services.
- Have experience identifying, recommending, and implementing transformation, including new staffing models, organizational structure, throughput, work flow, and skill/task alignment.
- Have experience with data analysis, applied analytics, development of findings and recommendations, and presentation of solutions and deliverables.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Supports and lead improvement, waste and variation reduction, and/or innovation efforts throughout the Memorial Hermann Health System.
- Helps the Memorial Hermann Health System drive organizational efficiency and productivity through design thinking and process engineering methods.
- Investigates operational inefficiencies and support efforts to redress opportunities.
- Process of identifying the system of interest, choosing appropriate performance measures, selecting the best modeling tool, studying model properties and behavior under a variety of scenarios, and making design and operational decisions for implementation.
- Partners with the key stakeholders to assure readiness for efficient and effective team engagement and utilization of Transformation Office services, including identification and engagement of long-term process owner, communication with affected areas, availability of data, and representation from process owners and leadership.
- Identifies, translates and applies predefined best practices on assigned projects. Focus is on refining and transferring processes.
- Collaborates with other disciplines and expertise to drive best solutions.
- Responsible for data analysis, analytics, development of findings and recommendations, and presentation including solution/deliverable, development, and coordinating deployment of deliverables.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- RN, Emergency Department Kingwood Nights Humble Texas Nursing - Emergency, Nursing - All
- Patient Observation Tech, Part-time - Days Houston Texas Nursing - Observation, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - All, Patient Care
- Patient Access Rep, MHMG Sweetwater Sugar Land Texas Nursing - All, Physician Practice