Education Resource Specialist
Location: 1140 Business Center Drive,Houston,TX 77043
Facility: System Services Westside
Category: Patient Care
Type: Full time
Education Resource SpecialistSystem Services Westside
Job DescriptionPosition responsible for developing, providing, and coordinating direct staff education, indirect patient education, orientation training, and development of curriculum and individual learning plans and monitoring staff.
- Current State of Texas license/permit to practice professional nursing.
- Master’s Degree or clinical specialty certification.
- At least five (5) years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Completion of Basic Life Support; other certification based upon specific nursing unit requirements. Viewed as an “expert and leader” in current specialty.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Acts as an educational resource at the service level and for core hospital activities. Assesses, plans, develops, coordinates, implements and evaluates educational needs that are appropriate to target population.
- Works independently to develop curriculum for identified learning needs. Facilitates and coordinates individual learning plans.
- Promotes team approach to healthcare delivery. Facilitates effective patient education at the service level. Evaluates effectiveness of patient education.
- Develops and maintains new employee orientation program. Acts as clinical resource for staff. Communicates effectively with all levels of the healthcare team.
- Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards of care, within budgetary specifications, including time/supply management and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.