Education Resource Specialist - Pediatric ICU (PICU) TMC/Children's
Memorial Hermann offers a variety of opportunities for Medical Surgical RNs across our system. These range from providing patient care for Neuro specific patients, to assisting Surgical Trauma patients, to providing Adult Elderly Acute Care, to helping Medical Oncology patients. And those are just a few examples. Each unit offers an opportunity to earn acute care experience and advance your knowledge. Our higher patient ratio will also help you transition to a more fast-paced environment, learning skills you would not learn in a higher acuity department.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
I like that this unit is broad enough to give me a wide variety of experience. I have had the opportunity to grow my skills in so many ways because I have exposure to many specialties within one unit.– Abigail B., Medicine Teaching RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
For more than 3 decades, Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital has provided the highest level of care to children and women across the region, and serves as the only hospital in Greater Houston capable of treating the entire family unit in the same facility, with access to neonatal, pediatric and adult specialists.
The PICU plays a pivotal role in the success of our renowned programs in areas such as cardiac care, neurosciences, pulmonary, transplantation and trauma.
Our 30-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) provides critical care to traumatically injured and critically ill patients from birth to 18 years of age. The multidisciplinary team specializes in the unique needs of critically ill or injured children and is one of only three pediatric intensive care units serving the Greater Houston area. As a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and one of the busiest trauma centers in the country, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital is specialized and equipped to care for even the most severe cases.
As the PICU Education Specialist, you will assist the education and management teams with New Hire Orientation and Education paths for unit employees ensuring successful follow through for care processes and continuous professional development.
We are nationally ranked and named as one of the top 25 best children's hospitals nationally in cardiology and heart surgery and top 35 programs nationally in Neurology & Neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Also, Children's Memorial Hermann is among the elite top 6% of congenital heart surgery programs in North America for patient care and outcomes, according to Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS).
To learn more visit https://memorialhermann.org/services/pediatric-intensive-care
Education: Bachelors Degree preferred
- Current State of Texas license/permit to practice professional nursing
- Completion of Basic Life Support
- Other certification based upon specific nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- At least five (5) years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- Viewed as a “leader” in current specialty
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Serves as an educational resource at the service level and for core hospital activities. Assesses, plans, develops, coordinates, implements and evaluates educational needs that are appropriate to target population.
- Develops curriculum for identified learning needs. Facilitates and coordinates individual learning plans.
- Promotes team approach to healthcare delivery. Facilitates effective patient education at the service level. Evaluates effectiveness of patient education.
- Develops and maintains new employee orientation program. Acts as clinical resource for staff. Communicates effectively with all levels of the healthcare team.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile