DME Sales Representative
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryResponsible for contacting area physicians to increase their utilization of Memorial Hermann services to increase volume and revenue. This position typically reports to the Business Development leader of the respective business entity.
*Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Sales Representative
This position will be marketing the use of Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) pumps.
*Bachelors degree required
*5+ years medical sales or related experience required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing, Business, or Healthcare
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years of successful medical sales or related experience
- Sales experience with physicians and their staff preferred
- Understanding of healthcare services and/or operations
- Ability to develop and execute growth strategies
- Ability to function independently
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Makes personal sales calls to physicians to increase the share of inpatient and outpatient admissions.
- Leads project steps within a broader project.
- Coordinates activities related to physician/community events, including but not limited to, new physician orientation, conferences, physician office education meetings, chamber of commerce events, advisory groups, focus groups, luncheons and physician outreach introductions.
- Promotes new locations or services/programs offered to physicians and the community.
- Attends internal councils and meetings to share opportunities with internal stakeholders to stay aligned with System strategy.
- Targets new and existing physicians for additional volume by performing consistent sales call cycles, strengthening relationships with physicians and office staff, providing MH collateral and education of services, scheduling introductions between target physicians and applicable clinical staff, and registration for applicable internal programs and systems.
- Prepares and evaluate physician volume reports to assist Operations with budget planning and budget assumptions.
- Meets or exceeds budget targets for assigned area. Report on reasons for volume misses as well as recovery strategies.
- Generates leads through aggressive daily cold calling and independent research to increase referrals.
- Serves as a resource to all office staff and physicians to consult/train and identify process bottlenecks and solutions.
- Develops and mentors less tenured staff.
- Evaluates market data, competitive analysis, and financial data to determine effective marketing and public relations strategies to accomplish business goals.
- Stay current and adhere to Stark and IRS regulations to maintain and protect system's Medicare/Medicaid certification.
- Assists in building marketing programs and communication plans designed to improve physician loyalty, drive account migration and acquisition, enhance referral profitability and encourage cross referrals between the hospital and the community-based referring physicians.
- Participates in the design and implementation of the plan for hospital initiatives.
- Relays physician feedback and market trends data to practice leadership.
- Works collaboratively with practice physicians and practice leadership in identifying and facilitating referring physician and community based sales or outreach activities. Identifies future growth opportunities for new services.
- Analyzes market opportunities and develop strategic sales plans for assigned geography.
- Develops and implement sales/marketing plan consistent with market analysis, reflecting referral source targets.
- Produces detailed reports identifying specific referral target audiences and marketing trends, along with marketing campaigns.
- Research new potential referral sources for both inpatient and outpatient services.
- Onboarding of physicians.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile