Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Director, Virtual Health Program
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryIn this role, the Director of the Virtual Health Program reports to the Chief Health Informatics Officer and is responsible for leading the management of virtual health initiatives and expanding the virtual health footprint across the Memorial Hermann Health System. Collaborates with Clinical, Operational, Information System Division (ISD), and Informatics leadership to design, develop and implement highly impactful virtual health program strategies. A major focus for this role would be to partner with the leads in the organization focused on addressing consumer needs and optimizing consumer access and convenience. Regular interfaces with Finance and Revenue Cycle for billing purposes. Serves as a thought leader, establishing key metrics, facilitating working team meetings, identifying and helping to mitigate risks and issues, and ensuring that desired results are achieved. Ensures that Virtual health processes are embedded in ongoing operations and support of the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field (e.g. Administration, Business, and/or health Sciences) from an accredited academic body is required. Master’s degree preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Nursing telehealth or telebehavioral health certifications preferred.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- 5+ years of broad healthcare experience, with a focus in virtual health/telehealth in a large and complex health system
- Previous experience in development and implementation of new programs is required. Strong project management is ideal.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred, either with direct or indirect reports. New programs experience with program development and supervisory experience in Virtual health.
- Forward-thinking mindset to help develop and drive future virtual health strategy
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills to work effectively with consumers, physicians and senior operational leaders
- Able to function well in an ambiguous environment
- Strong verbal and presentation communication skills
- Good working knowledge of billing and coding standards and procedures for primary care and specialty practice, especially the ICD-10 and CPT systems, as well as documentation, regulatory, compliance and Meaningful Use standards.
- Broad understanding of healthcare and policy trends (e.g., environment, market, payor, provider, regulatory)
- Strong time management skills to permit working within tight deadlines and multiple projects
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Serves as a point of contact for Virtual health, both institutionally and publicly
- Serves as the virtual health expert to inform broader organizational initiatives
- Represents MHHS’s virtual health program at national conferences
- Participates with managing the virtual health program budget including profit and loss statements for personnel and virtual health products
- Focuses and develops the virtual health strategy to dual focus areas of volume-driven fee-for-service activity and efforts to lower cost and increase efficiency in a value-based population health management environment
- Maintains current knowledge of Texas and National virtual health market and reimbursement trends
- Management support for clinical and operational leads in the virtual health space
- Serves on Virtual health governance committees and creates content for Clinical, Operational and ISD decision making
- Assists with the alignment of Virtual Health billing structure with finance and revenue cycle departments
- Draft and socialize policies for payment methodology, operational support, clinical workflows, service recovery and performance metrics
- Prepare and deliver presentations and analytics to leadership on strategies, new initiatives and progress to plan
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab