Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Director, Trauma Service Line and Texas Medical Center Marketing
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThis individual has responsibility for creating and executing the set marketing plan for the respective service line/campus/product by participating in its strategic development, concept generation, design, financial management, measurement, and implementation. This position uses principles of marketing and communications to create awareness of and preference for the local entity and its targeted service line products, builds local relationships with consumers, employers, and other interest groups through proactive, strategic, hands-on relations and interactions. Acts as a liaison to medical staff and may partner on physician relations. This individual is responsible for developing and maintaining key external relationships with a goal to foster profitable growth at the business unit level/service line. Role will require excellent marketing planning, project planning, team building, negotiation, and marketing communications skills. This scope of responsibility may be defined as either geographic market, campus size, or service line/product maturity. Typically reports to the AVP of Marketing.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business/Strategy or related field required. Master's degree (MBA, MHA or MS in related field) considered.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Eight (8) years professional experience in marketing or related field with previous product or service line marketing experience required. Proven business results and performance excellence within previous positions.
- Previous management experience required.
- Must be willing to commute in the greater metropolitan area for business and customer needs
- Experienced in the development, integration and use of multi-channel advertising, public relations, corporate communications, digital and sales strategies to achieve market share and brand power.
- Demonstrated success in creating, implementing and measuring marketing strategies for a defined product line, geographic market or vertical market segment.
- Experienced in strategic and tactical marketing/business plan development, implementation, evaluation and tracking; budgeting and control
- Accomplished in strategic and tactical marketing/business plan development, implementation, evaluation and tracking; budgeting and control; personnel selection, retention and management; and the development, integration and use of multi-channel advertising, public relations, corporate communications, digital and sales strategies to achieve market share and brand power.
- Must be able to manage time, priorities, large projects, and adhere to deadlines.
- Must be able to manage a budget and maintain accountability for a cost center demonstrating strong fiscal responsibility.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills expected including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), CRM programs and other web-based applications.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Develops complex marketing strategies and manages the ongoing implementation of fact-based, goal-focused, measurable marketing programs that are consistent with the Memorial Hermann strategic vision of the focused clinical service line(s) and/or facility to achieve smart growth and produce a return on investment (ROI).
- Active member of the facility and/or service line administrative team, maintains an in-depth knowledge of Memorial Hermann and facility/service line strategic goals and business objectives as well as facility/service line clinical capabilities.
- Initiates and directs the annual marketing planning for the assigned service line and/or facility by reviewing demographic, socioeconomic, competitive, competitor position and other internal/external forces affecting continued business success.
- Leads the operation in implementation of marketing strategies and tactics, working as a diverse team of functional specialists to achieve results.
- Resolves problems or conflicts as appropriate and is the lead local escalation point of contact.
- Prepares annual budget, administers funds in support of service line or facility marketing efforts. Maintains financial accountability over cost center/budget and ensures cost-effective stewardship of resources. Approves invoices, monitors expenses and accounts for variances against budget. Takes measures to reduce costs as necessary.
- Proactively establishes strategy and campaign metrics, evaluates effectiveness of efforts and reports on the results, learns and improves or eliminates activities as appropriate based on results. Prepares reports for senior leadership.
- Collaborates with business unit executives, councils, physicians, colleagues and other identified departments to achieve marketing objectives. Provides strategic direction, leadership and motivation ensuring that all parties work together to achieve the bottom line measured results. Maintains positive relationships.
- Responds promptly and courteously to internal requests and external calls/solicitations as appropriate to achieve business objectives. Facilitates resolution of escalated requests and concerns.
- Leads and implements assigned facility or service line internal communications efforts including copy development, coordinating communication delivery through employee newsletters, OneSource intranet site and electronic monitor screens.
- Coordinates and attends all internal and external marketing events, including promotion of the event, set-up, on-site logistics/ representation, evaluation of its effectiveness and anything else necessary for success. Will include some night and weekend responsibilities and at times heavy lifting.
- Builds partnership relationships on behalf of assigned facilities through proactive, strategic, hands-on involvement with chambers, school districts, local government, businesses, targeted community groups, and other relevant organizations.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab