Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Director, Technical Services
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for planning, reviewing, and controlling all activities and functions of the Technical Services department, providing ongoing managerial, technical and motivational leadership in support of Memorial Hermann values and objectives.
Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Licenses/ Certifications: (None)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- 10 years of industry training and increasingly responsible experience in managing large, complex corporate information systems and activities
- Knowledge of mainframe, minicomputer, microcomputer, and telecommunications strategies, environments, equipment, operating systems, development tools, and methodologies
- Possess excellent problem solving skills
- Experience leading and mentoring team members
- Demonstrates through exceptional planning and organizational skills a record of bringing tasks and projects to successful conclusion
- Exceptional communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Plans, prioritizes, directs, and schedules all projects and assignments.
- Oversees the development, implementation, communication, and promotion of IT strategic plans.
- Develops the department’s annual operating expense and capital budgets, monitoring, tracking, and approving expenditures.
- Provides technical guidance on problem definition and resolution.
- Recruits, trains, motivates, and evaluates a staff of highly skilled information systems professionals.
- Plans and directs the development and delivery of training and educational programs for all department personnel.
- Establishes department quality objectives and benchmarks. Designs and implements effective tools to measure performance against these standards.
- Provides the vision and leadership necessary to create and maintain a technical atmosphere that encourages proactive research and development.
- Adheres to all MH policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Addresses and resolves user issues and develops an understanding of user terminology.
- Provides customer support to both internal and external customers.
- Understands the ISD solution segments and in some cases acts as a solution segment owner.
- Manages Vendor relationships.
- Conducts Department Meetings.
- Provides guidance on conflict resolution.
- Participates in contract negotiations.
- Develops and ensures compliance on policy and procedures.
- Writes job descriptions.
- Writes a Monthly activity report.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Senior Patient Care Assistant - SE Med/Surg - Nights Houston Texas Non-Licensed Patient Care, Patient Care, Nursing - All
- Patient Care Asssitant - PL Med/Surg - Nights Pearland Texas Non-Licensed Patient Care, Patient Care, Nursing - All
- Supplemental Materials Management Attendant Houston Texas Finance