Director of Respiratory Care - Texas Medical Center
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Director Respiratory Care II is responsible for providing leadership, direction and support for all inpatient respiratory services. Ensures the delivery of quality care to patients. Responsible for planning, implementing, reviewing and controlling the budget, staffing, and Continuous Quality Improvement process.
Education: Master of Science degree in healthcare profession with specialty in Respiratory Care
- Current and unrestricted State of Texas Respiratory Care Practitioners license andRegistered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification from the National Board for Respiratory Care, Inc (NBRC) required
- Current Basic Life Support certification or other certification based on respiratory unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive clinical experience
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience Excellent knowledge of TJC requirements relative to Respiratory Care as well as exceptional clinical skills
- Expertise in all areas of respiratory care service line management required
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, technical, management and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Monitors and directs all patient care activities.
- Responsible for directing clinical and non-clinical personnel. Reviews and approves all new hires, establishes and controls standards for performance appraisals.
- Identifies staffing needs of the department and provides for accordingly.
- Coordinates in-service /training needs of staff with Staff Development department.
- Remains available, accessible and visible to staff.
- Recognizes staff’s achievements and accomplishments and provides ongoing feedback on performance.
- Establishes scope of service, goals and develops strategic plan for the department.
- Stays up-to-date on new developments in the field and incorporates such in the department’s scope of service.
- Reviews departmental policies, procedures, and systems. Complies with all applicable regulatory requirements and standards.
- Conducts appropriate department promotional activities and participates in hospital marketing activities.
- Assures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE’s meet or exceed budget.
- Prepares and submits budget and related reports. Forecasts and accurately projects expenses.
- Takes corrective action to address negative variances. Identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
- Promotes physician input and communication; includes medical staff in planning new or revised policies, procedures and services.
- Provides rapid response and follow-up to medical staff issues/concerns; greets new physicians and orients them to the department services; seeks new ways to encourage new physicians to utilize our hospital services.
- Adheres to ongoing leadership training/program/hours (within first 2 years of employment) offered either through internal or external educational and leadership programs.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Supplemental US Tech (RVT) Katy Outpatient Imaging (Varied shifts) Katy Texas Imaging / Diagnostic
- Special Procedures Cath Lab Tech (IR,OR,Neuro) Experience Preferred Houston Texas Imaging / Diagnostic
- Phlebotomist, Early Mornings, 7 On 7 Off Houston Texas Laboratory Services