Director of Neuropsychology and Psychology for TIRR, Katy Rehab, and the Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Network
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryOversight for the inpatient rehabilitation and outpatient rehabilitation settings, emphasizing the national reputation and evidence-based care aspects.
Education: Doctoral degree in clinical psychology, clinical neuropsychology, or counseling psychology (because of the training required by this degree, understanding of normal development and aging is implied); Completion of postdoctoral fellowship training in clinical neuropsychology or rehabilitation psychology or equivalent.
Licenses/Certification: Current license to practice psychology from the Texas Board of Examiners of Psychology or eligibility for such licensure; Must be licensed within six (6) months of employment
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five or more (5+) years experience as a member of a multidisciplinary team in either rehabilitation or psychiatric setting; Preference will be given to candidates with prior brain injury rehabilitation experience
- Previous managerial experience
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- Possess basic knowledge of software packages; experience with window based programs preferred
- Maintain certifications in Positive Behavioral Support (PBS) and CPR training every two (2) years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Manages psychological and neuropsychological services ensuring high levels of professionalism, patient satisfaction, and collaboration with other services providers including physicians while managing appropriate levels of clinical productivity.
- Provides neuropsychological assessment and psychological treatment (individual, group and family) in accordance with the Ethical Principles of Psychologists and the Guidelines for the Practice of Clinical Psychology.
- Performs regular onsite visits to all network locations to provide support, training, and supervision to psychology staff.
- Represents psychological services at Administrative meetings for Network: System Rehab Council, Management Council, Director’s Council, site-specific administrative meetings.
- Provides support for training programs (Fellowship/Practicum)
- Assists with hospital research program. This can take the form of participating on existing projects or developing new projects.
- Interacts effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Trains and supervises psychology residents, practicum students and fellows.
- Completes special projects such as participation in presentations, research and others as assigned by the Manager.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Supplemental Enteral Technician- Medical Center Houston Texas Allied Health, Dietary Services
- PRN Visitor Screener-Alvin Texas, Central Staffing Alvin Texas Central Staffing, PRN, Nursing Support
- CT Tech Cypress (part time varied schedule) Cypress Texas Imaging / Diagnostic