Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Director of Business Development - Ortho Service Line
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for overall business development of Memorial Hermann, including the implementation of strategic plans in order to achieve business objectives, as well as developing new lines of business and/or enhancing existing lines of business by establishing relationships with physicians, customers, and patient relations.
Education: Masters degree in Healthcare/Business Administration or related field preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years of broad healthcare experience including knowledge of regulations, finance, managed care, capitation and delivery systems
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to lead and implement change
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Works closely with management to maintain an in-depth knowledge and rationale behind corporate strategy, plans, programs, and critical issues in order to ensure effective the effective operation of Memorial Hermann.
- Supports the development, implementation and maintenance of systems to assess and continuously improve the quality of customer service throughout the Memorial Hermann facilities. Ensures achievement of corporate targets and goals with respect to customer opinion and services.
- Provides innovative ideas and a disciplined management approach toward the achievement of Memorial Hermann financial objectives. Provides the conceptual and analytical information to illustrate how the financial investment in development initiatives contributes to the overall objectives contained in the annual operating budget.
- May be involved in proactively seeking out opportunities to develop business and capitalizing on market opportunities that are presented, or enhancing existing business through established relationships with physicians, customers, and patient relations.
- Designs and implements measures to evaluate existing as well as proposed initiatives, including clinical, behavioral, and social factors.
- Ensures positive employee relations and the development of a competent, positive and motivated work force.
- Develops and executes plans to enhance the reputation and image of Memorial Hermann through community, healthcare, and professional organizations, as well as public relations activities as appropriate.
- Coordinates available funding opportunities on the national, state, and local levels, working collaboratively with a multitude of external organizations.
- Assures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE’s meet or exceed budget; prepares and submits budget and related reports; forecasts and accurately projects expenses; takes corrective action to address negative variances; identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab