Director, Major Gifts
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
It is so exciting to work for a company that truly sticks to their vision and values in terms of how we deliver patient care every day. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the lives of those in our communities, and that is what excites me the most.– Julie B., PBS Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Licenses/Certifications: None Required, CRFE a plus
- 5+ years of professional experience with a minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in major gift fundraising, preferable in the health care and/or non-for-profit arena or 8+ years of related work experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills to interact with senior management, board members and other high level volunteers,donors, physicians and prospects.
- Demonstrated ability in thinking strategically to acquire, engage, upgrade, and steward donors.
- Evidence of effectiveness in building and sustaining relationships with donors, staff, partners and physicians.
- Goal oriented, problem solver with excellent organizational skills to execute multiple priorities.
- Ability to persuade and motivate others.
- Ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders and to adapt to meet varying needs and conditions.
- High degree of professionalism, collegiality, maturity and diplomacy required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is a plus.
- Responsible for annual fundraising goals as specified in performance standards.
- Communicates directly with donors, prospects and their advisers. Represents the Foundation in the professional and philanthropic community.
- Implements strategies for specialized campaign plans (e.g. capital campaigns) and directed fundraising projects and initiatives. Coordinates materials and functions as required.
- Qualifies and manages a major gifts portfolio of high-capacity donors. Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards primarily gifts of $50,000 or greater from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Working with supervision, establishes measurable, achievable, and aspirational goals to deliver results in all assigned areas.
- Participates in and supports the fundraising initiatives of the Foundation, including special events, the
- Collaborates across the Foundation team on cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and gift officer portfolios. Works closely with the advancement services team on necessary data, gift processing and
- employee campaign and donor engagement activities.acknowledgement.
- Promotes individuals professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education.
- Supports foundation-based goals that contribute to the success of the Foundation and Memorial Hermann.
- Manages other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile