Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Director, Major Gifts
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Director, Major Gifts represents the Memorial Hermann Foundation across the organization and in the community. The Director, Major Gifts is responsible for executing major gifts fundraising programs for Memorial Hermann Foundation to achieve annual fundraising goals. S/he provides leadership and direction, works collaboratively with Foundation and System staff and physicians to advance philanthropic support for the Memorial Hermann Foundation. The Director, Major Gifts manages a portfolio of major donors and prospects. This individual must have the ability to persuade and motivate others, manage multiple relationships and priorities and to interact with high-profile donors, senior management, Board members, physicians and volunteers.
Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications
Education: Bachelor's degree
Licenses/Certifications: None Required, CRFE a plus
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- 5+ years of professional experience with a minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in major gift fundraising, preferable in the health care and/or non-for-profit arena or 8+ years of related work experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills to interact with senior management, board members and other high level volunteers, donors, physicians and prospects.
- Demonstrated ability in thinking strategically to acquire, engage, upgrade, and steward donors.
- Evidence of effectiveness in building and sustaining relationships with donors, staff, partners and physicians.
- Goal oriented, problem solver with excellent organizational skills to execute multiple priorities.
- Ability to persuade and motivate others.
- Ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders and to adapt to meet varying needs and conditions.
- High degree of professionalism, collegiality, maturity and diplomacy required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is a plus.
- Responsible for annual fundraising goals as specified in performance standards.
- Communicates directly with donors, prospects and their advisers. Represents the Foundation in the professional and philanthropic community.
- Implements strategies for specialized campaign plans (e.g. capital campaigns) and directed fundraising projects and initiatives. Coordinates materials and functions as required.
- Qualifies and manages a major gifts portfolio of high-capacity donors. Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards primarily gifts of $50,000 or greater from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Working with supervision, establishes measurable, achievable, and aspirational goals to deliver results in all assigned areas.
- Participates in and supports the fundraising initiatives of the Foundation, including special events, the employee campaign and donor engagement activities.
- Collaborates across the Foundation team on cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and gift officer portfolios. Works closely with the advancement services team on necessary data, gift processing and acknowledgement.
- Promotes individuals professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education.
- Supports foundation-based goals that contribute to the success of the Foundation and Memorial Hermann.
- Manages other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Med Surg Tele RN, PRN Central Staffing - Greater Heights Houston Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Nursing - Medical Surgical, Nursing - Telemetry, Nursing - All, Central Staffing, Nursing - PRN, Patient Care
- RN, Mother/Baby, FT Nights Houston Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Nursing - Medical Surgical, Nursing - All, Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab, Nursing - Observation
- Med Surg Tele RN, PRN Central Staffing - TMC Houston Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Nursing - Medical Surgical, Nursing - Telemetry, Nursing - All, Central Staffing, Nursing - PRN, Patient Care