Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Director, Clinical Pastoral Education Residency Program
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the strategies, structures, and personnel of the accredited Clinical Pastoral Education Residency (ACPE) at Memorial Hermann -TMC/Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital and Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital programs which serve the spiritual needs of patients, families and staff. This includes overseeing the supervision of chaplaincy care programs such as education, chaplaincy services, spiritual development, and congregational and community relationships related to the chaplain Residency. The incumbent collaborates with and serves as a resource for chaplaincy leadership in spiritual matters in order to stimulate and encourage holistic healing and develop healthier spiritual employees and environments.
Education: Master of Divinity degree or equivalent academic credit as determined by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE); Master of Theology or Doctorate preferred beyond Master of Divinity
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five or more (5+) years of experience in Managing Education and Chaplaincy Services
- Completion of minimum one (1) year residency in an Accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) program. Prefer two (2) year residency
- Successful completion of two (2) to three (3) years residency in Supervisory Training in ACPE
- Endorsement by faith group for hospital ministry
- Board certified Supervisor or Associate Supervisor in ACPE
- Theological competency, expertise in the practice and teaching of the art and science of chaplaincy pastoral care and developed skills for working with the behavioral sciences
- Ability to minister in an ecumenical setting
- Demonstrates skills in management/leadership/educational functioning
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Develops and oversees the complete strategy, structure, and implementation of Clinical Pastoral Education Residency at Memorial Hermann - TMC/Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital. This program provides chaplaincy care to patients, families, staff, physicians and community who meet The Joint Commission standards and standards of the ACPE.
- Guides the CPE Residency faculty and support staff to develop the vision and implementation for the chaplaincy education, which fulfills the spiritual mission of MH-TMC/CMHH and MHSW and meets the standards of ACPE.
- Develops, implements, and oversees spiritual education experiences and programs for patients, families, staff and community through the chaplaincy residency.
- Oversees and participates in international, national and local recruiting for chaplain residents, chaplaincy staff and faculty personnel.
- Establishes and oversees the provision of high quality patient, family, and staff spiritual care through the training program for clergy, laypersons, and patient care staff.
- Develops and oversees accredited programs of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) residencies and internships.
- Employs, appraises, develops and oversees other personnel as assigned.
- Develops, monitors and oversees the budget of the Residency Program and personnel as assigned.
- Oversees the reporting of statistics for the Government Reporting Offices for reimbursement for the education of allied healthcare professionals
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Hospital Medicine Program Manager, RN Southeast/Pearland Houston Texas Nursing - All, Physician Practice
- Pharmacist Houston Texas Pharmacy
- Referral Coordinator - Home Health Southwest - Days Stafford Texas Nursing - All, Nursing - Home Health