Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Director, Annual Giving
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThrough philanthropy, Memorial Hermann Foundation strives to enhance the world-renowned patient care, research and education that make a difference for the countless individuals and families served by Memorial Hermann System. We have charted a strategic path focusing on clear objectives for the future, and have defined the time, talent and resources required to meet our targets. Now is an exciting time to join a growing development team that values creativity, responsibility and respect.
The Director of Annual Giving represents the Memorial Hermann Foundation across the organization and in the community. The Director of Annual Giving provides leadership and direction for soliciting annual gifts via direct response, including with grateful patients. S/he provides leadership and direction to project, works collaboratively with Foundation and System staff to advance the Foundation’s strategic plan to increase philanthropic support. The Director of Annual Giving must have the ability to persuade and motivate others, manage multiple vendor relationships, to interact with donors and volunteers.
Education: Bachelors degree or 15 plus years business experience
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- 5+ years of fundraising experience with increasing responsibility. Should include three plus years of direct response experience.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising in annual giving.
- Demonstrated ability in thinking strategically to acquire, engage, upgrade, and steward donors.
- Evidence of effectiveness in building and sustaining relationships with donors, staff, partners and vendors.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Goal oriented with strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and business communications skills.
- Ability to persuade and motivate others.
- Ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders and to adapt to meet varying needs and conditions.
- High degree of professionalism, collegiality, maturity and diplomacy required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively and think ahead.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is a plus.
- Experience in managing a grateful patient program, with direct expertise in adhering to HIPPA guidelines a plus.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Working with the CEO of the Foundation and AVP, Advancement Services, establishes measurable, achievable, and aspirational goals to deliver results in all assigned areas.
- Develops and executes a direct response program. Manages all aspects of annual fund planning and execution, including vendor management, donor acquisition, communication strategy, budget, and logistics.
- The Director of Annual Giving understands the process of donor development and leverages the annual fund as a tool to expand the donor base, identify potential major donors, and raise unrestricted funds for Memorial Hermann Foundation.
- Working collaboratively with the Foundation team, helps establish and execute a grateful patient direct response program with the Memorial Hermann Health System. Experience working within a healthcare system and HIPPA is a plus for this position.
- Collaborates across the Foundation team on cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and gift officer portfolios.
- Works closely with the advancement services team on necessary data, gift processing and acknowledgement.
- Promotes individuals professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education.
- Supports foundation-based goals that contribute to the success of the Foundation and Memorial Hermann.
- As the annual giving program grows, the Director mentors, trains, supervises and evaluates direct reposts. The team will grow over the next several years with one to three staff in the next five years in order to meet strategic revenue growth goals
- Manages other duties as assigned
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals, which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Med Surg Tele RN, PRN Central Staffing - Greater Heights Houston Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Nursing - Medical Surgical, Nursing - Telemetry, Nursing - All, Central Staffing, Nursing - PRN, Patient Care
- RN, Mother/Baby, FT Nights Houston Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Nursing - Medical Surgical, Nursing - All, Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab, Nursing - Observation
- Med Surg Tele RN, PRN Central Staffing - TMC Houston Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Nursing - Medical Surgical, Nursing - Telemetry, Nursing - All, Central Staffing, Nursing - PRN, Patient Care