Cloud Platform Architect
As part of the Information Service Division (ISD), you’ll help process and store information throughout the Memorial Hermann Health System. This includes providing support, planning and development services as well as delivering and supporting secure systems in our more than 300 care delivery sites across Greater Houston. You’ll play a critical role in ensuring the continued health and well-being of our system’s entire technology infrastructure.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
Memorial Hermann being named one of the ‘Most Wired Healthcare Organizations’ for numerous years is proof that we value technology and advancing patient care through smarter, faster systems.- Jason W., Lead Applications Programmer/Analyst
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Lead Architect works across multiple solutions and interacts with the solution teams throughout multiple project phases. The lead architect is involved in scope decisions, process assessment, design and build, testing, training and delivering business results.
• Work closely with Technical Architects, Cloud Security Architect, and adhere to published MH Architecture standards
• Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Platform
• Develop and maintain formal Cloud roadmap/strategy
• Follow best practices, while developing MH specific standards and guidelines for Cloud solutions
• Hands-on execution during solution design and development
• Mentorship and guidance of all technical resources within cloud and infrastructure team
• Serve as a Cloud spokesmen and advocate, supporting the published hybrid-cloud strategy
• Develop MH hybrid-cloud daily operations processes and standard operating procedures
• Support the expansion of workload evaluation practices for continuous improvement
• Enable AWS cost management framework and reporting
• Provide operational escalation support as needed, including hands on tasks supporting cloud services
• Serve as organization liaison to maximize Cloud services investment
• Provide technical oversight and guidance to the cloud vendor operational support team
• Support budgeting and cost management strategy with vendor assigned Account Executives
• Assist in the technical review of vendor proposals as they pertain to the cloud
Education: Bachelor's degree Computer Science or Business or related field or directly related compensatory career experience.
Preferred Cloud Certifications:
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
Microsoft MCSE: Core Infrastructure, a plus
ITIL Foundational certification, a plus
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Seven (7) years of technical or healthcare solutions experience. Recognized technical certification or expertise in multiple key healthcare solutions areas
- 5+ years of experience providing administrative and configuration support for Cloud Platforms
- Working knowledge of Cloud technology including IaaS, PaaS & SaaS architectures
- Hands-on experience with core AWS platform services:
- Control Tower & Landing Zones
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Compute (EC2)
- Storage (SW3)
- Web/Application Firewalls (WAF)
- Hybrid Cloud Networking
- VM/Disk Encryption
- Key Vaults
- Monitoring and Automation
- Advanced AWS configuration and troubleshooting capabilities
- Strong Cloud Migration experience including:
- Migration of Physical and Virtual platforms (VMware, Hyper-V and AWS) to AWS using native and procured tools (P-to-V and V-to-V)
- Hands on experience of Cloud Networking and security concepts including:
- Directory Services (Active Directory)
- Identity and Access Management
- Direct Connect
- Load Balancers
- Expertise supporting Step Functions, Runbooks, Webhooks, Log Analytics
- Virtualization platform experience including VMware (vSphere 6.0+), Hyper-V, KVM, or Xen
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Windows & Linux Operating System
- Sound understanding of networking fundamentals (VLANs, firewalls, OSI model)
- Exposure to Power SHELL, Python, Ruby or bash scripting.
- Master skill levels in at least two technologies or healthcare solutions areas
- Superior analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technically complex issues to any audience, technical administrative, clinical and executive levels
- Commitment to continual enhancement of integration knowledge
- Experience in providing consultative services
- Demonstrates broad and insightful technical knowledge
- Ability to lead and mentor team members
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional team player
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Develops structured processes and plans by translating customer needs into solution alternatives.
- Drives customer to choose among competing solution alternatives utilizing cost/benefit analysis.
- Maintains an effective level of coordination on assigned projects.
- Translates user and department information needs into solutions utilizing ISD methodologies.
- Provides customer support to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates ability to add measurable value to ISD customers and colleagues.
- Ensures adhering to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively function as a team member. Develops effective relationships within the organization (subordinates, peers, and supervisors).
- Develops an understanding of ISD solution segments.
- Develops and implements project documentation as appropriate.
- Pursues individual professional growth and development which contribute to the success of the organization.
- Facilitates meetings as necessary, including preparation of materials and communication of outcomes and follow-up items.
- Demonstrates commitment in the Partners In Caring and Continuous Quality Improvement programs.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Assists with the resolution of escalated production issues, as necessary.
- Provides technical /integration guidance during conversion planning meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile