Clinical Pediatric Neuropsychologist - TIRR
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryProvides psychological treatment and neuropsychological assessment services to hospital or program patients.
TIRR - Texas Medical Center
Education: Doctoral degree in clinical psychology, clinical neuropsychology or counseling psychology (Because of the training required by this degree, understanding of normal development and aging is implied); Completion of Postdoctoral fellowship training in clinical neuropsychology, if not from a clinical neuropsychology graduate program
Licenses/Certifications:Current license to practice psychology from the Texas Board of Examiners of Psychology or eligibility for such licensure; Must be licensed within six (6) months of employment
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year prior experience as a member of a multidisciplinary team in either rehabilitation or psychiatric setting; Preference will be given to candidates with prior brain injury rehabilitation experience
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- Possess basic knowledge of software packages; experience with window based programs preferred
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides neuropsychological assessment and psychological treatment (individual, group and family) in accordance with Ethical Principles of Psychologists and the Guidelines for the Practice of Clinical Psychology.
- Coordinates all aspects of neuropsychological testing: Schedules patients to be tested in a timely manner, Monitors productivity of technician, fellow and students, Provides feedback to patients, family, clinical team and referral sources in a timely manner.
- Interacts effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Trains and supervises psychology residents, practicum students and fellows.
- Consistently performs role as primary therapist as assigned by the Manager in accordance with ethical principles that govern the practice of psychology. This includes interacting effectively on clients’ behalf with external case managers, DARS, insurance company representatives, employers, schools and other health care provides.
- Completes special projects such as participation in presentations, research and others as assigned by the Manager.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile