Clinical Manager - Labor & Delivery, NIGHTS
As a nurse, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. Here, you’ll find a range of nursing opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in health care.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Quick Thinker
If I had to describe the work environment in one word, it would be “team-focused.” I have seen my unit come together during the most challenging times and I experienced the difference a unified team approach can make in patient care. My colleagues inspire me.– Ingry U., Critical Care RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryWomen’s Services department at TMC is a level 4 designated facility, the highest level designation and acuity in the system as well as state. This creates a fast paced environment and because we are the only academic institution in the system, there are multiple opportunities for learning, training and involvement at the campus.
We are a magnet friendly facility where not only do we pride ourselves on evidenced based practice, but nurses have a strong voice.
Our managers work 4 10-hour shifts (Tues-Fri), which allows our managers to get a 3 day break.
The L&D comprises of 12 labor beds + 19 antepartum beds that cares for high risk Mothers with multiple co-morbidities, using the latest evidence based practice. We have great teamwork, collaboration and staff who are very driven.
*Fore-casts and ensures adequate daily staffing,
*Takes departmental call
*Balancing schedule for staff
*Recruits, hires & works with educator for bi-weekly meetings
*Promotes individual professional growth and development of staff
*Actively participate in quality improvement on the unit
*Manage time and attendance
Position responsible for providing leadership to the department – overseeing the daily operations – managing and developing departmental staff, collaborating with the interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process, ensuring the delivery of quality care to patients.
- Bachelors of Nursing degree from an accredited school of professional nursing required or documented degree plan and timeframe to complete Bachelors Nursing
- For clinical manager positions in Magnet-designated hospitals or hospitals in pursuit of Magnet designation, a minimum of a Bachelors of Nursing is required at the time of hire or promotion
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Professional certification in clinical area or management preferred
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills
- Three (3) or more years experience in clinical area of practice and minimum one (1) year experience in a supervisory or management role
- Clinical Manager II: additional two (2) years experience (3 years total) in supervisory or management job
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Manages the daily operations of a patient care department, including forecasting and ensuring adequate staffing, taking departmental call; planning for continuity of care, serving in charge nurse role and providing direct patient care as needed.
- Collaborates with physicians, management team members, business partners, and customers to address strategic initiatives and organizational goals.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Ensures adequate scheduling and staffing; recruits, retains, and develops staff; provides performance feedback, addressing issues as necessary, and provides input into staff performance reviews in a timely effective manner.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K SIGN-ON BONUS! RN - Labor & Delivery 7PM-7AM Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Labor & Delivery
- OR Coordinator - OR Scheduling Call Center Houston Texas Surgical Services
- Registered Nurse - Orthopedic, OR - Full Time Days Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR