Children's Med Surg & Critical Care Registered Nurse
Houston, Texas; Katy, Texas; Humble, Texas; Sugar Land, Texas; The Woodlands, Texas
As a nurse, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. Here, you’ll find a range of nursing opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in health care.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Quick Thinker
If I had to describe the work environment in one word, it would be “team-focused.” I have seen my unit come together during the most challenging times and I experienced the difference a unified team approach can make in patient care. My colleagues inspire me.– Ingry U., Critical Care RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryCollaborates with the physician and healthcare team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process. Provides professional nursing care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records. MHHS hires RNs based on years of experience groupings. (i.e. newly licensed RN [working under the supervision of RN clinical preceptor], less than 1 year, 1-3 years, 3 to 10 and 10+).
Sign-On Bonus $10K
Hiring for the following Children's Med Surg and Critical Care Units:
TMC Children's General Pediatrics
The General Pediatrics team is seeking a compassionate, experienced med/surg RN to join their team. Experience in an Acute Care setting or Acute Care Pediatric in-patient setting required. This 30 Bed Unit houses a wide variety of surgical procedures, trauma - burns, MVA, GSW, chronic illnesses, respiratory, GI, Neuro, and Behavioral Health Kiddos.
TMC Children's Pediatric Epilepsy Unit (EMU)
The Pediatric Epilepsy Monitoring Unit at Children's Memorial Hermann in the Texas Medical Center is a small, specialty oriented unit dedicated to the observation and care of pediatric epilepsy patients. This unit is designated as a Level IV Epilepsy Program assigned by the National Epilepsy Center. As a nurse on this unit, you will partner with your teammates to evaluate risk of patient seizures, assessing localization, and care for post-surgical procedures related to epilepsy.
TMC Children's ECMO
The Pediatric ECMO Specialist team is a highly trained and dedicated unit that responds to emergency situations in our TMC Children's location. As an ECMO specialist, you will utilize the bypass machine to assist with rapid response procedures needed to save lives.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in high-stress situations and able to self-direct their care process. Experience with Pediatric ICU or Cardiac Critical Care is highly preferred, ECMO Certification a plus.
TMC Children's Pediatric ICU/IMU - Heart Center
As an RN with the Heart Center, you will partner with pediatric critical care medicine physicians and hospitalists, who are faculty at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth, providing twenty-four hour, in-house coverage to ensure that patients with intensive care needs receive the best care possible.
By utilizing state-of-the-art techniques and services, the Children’s Heart Institute strives to offer patients with the most complex problems the greatest opportunity for a normal life. We offer innovative treatment methods and specialized services, including, but not limited to:
- Biventricular repairs and biventricular conversions
- Congenital heart optimization
- Full repairs for complex congenital heart defects in newborns
- Hybrid catheterization and surgical procedures
- Minimally invasive transcatheter pulmonary valve (TPV) therapy
- Minimally invasive axillary repair (cosmetic right axillary thoracotomy for trans atrial repair)
- Valve repairs and preservation
TMC Children's Pediatric ICU (PICU)
Our 30-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) provides critical care to traumatically injured and critically ill patients from birth to 18 years of age. The multidisciplinary team specializes in the unique needs of critically ill or injured children and is one of only three pediatric intensive care units serving the Greater Houston area. As a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and one of the busiest trauma centers in the country, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital is specialized and equipped to care for even the most severe cases.
TMC Children's Specialty Care IMU
Our Pedi IMU nurses provide care for higher acuity patients such as trach/vent patients, EVD’s, titrating heparin drips, titrating insulin drips and are given the opportunity to further diversify their scope of practice by floating to other inpatient pediatric specialty areas throughout the facility.
As a Pedi IMU RN within our collaborative multi-disciplinary team, you will be provided with the unique opportunity to build a well-rounded critical care career through participation in Bridge Program designed to transition RNs into the Pediatric ICU as well as access to a wide range of educational resources, including but not limited to – CV Symposium, Neuro Symposium and a Trauma Symposium.
TMC Children's Pediatric Transport
The Children’s Transport Team features a team of nurses, respiratory therapists, and physicians highly experienced in pediatric and neonatal critical care. As a quaternary care facility, a Level I pediatric trauma center and home to a 118-bed Level IV neonatal intensive care unit, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital is equipped and ready to care for the most critical and severe cases. Our transport team regularly transports pediatric and neonatal patients from community hospitals, clinic and emergency departments when a higher level of care is required.
TMC Children's Neonatal ICU (NICU)
Our neonatal critical care services at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, located in the Texas Medical Center, include a 118 bed Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the highest level of care available for premature and critically-ill newborns, as designated by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS). Through our affiliation with the physicians at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital provides premature or critically ill patients with a full range of pediatric medical and surgical sub-specialists with 24/7 access to neonatologists.
The Woodlands NICU (Level III)
The NICU team at The Woodlands Campus is looking for an experienced Level III/IV NICU RN to join their team. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in a Level III or above Neonatal ICU. Comfortable with high risk deliveries of preemies, temperature regulation, placing IVs, and blood draws.
Northeast NICU (Level II)
This 10-bed specialty unit is seeking an experienced NICU RN to join their team.
In this unit you will work with babies 28 weeks and up. Assisting with transition, high risk deliveries, and feeder/growers. We also care for intubated babies, and frequently stabilize for transfer to the Texas Medical Center.
Memorial City NICU (Level III)
Memorial City Medical Center’s Neonatal ICU is looking to add experienced NICU RN’s to their dedicated and growing team. This unit is designated Level III with a mixed acuity population. As a member of this team, you will assist with caring for high-risk neonates from 23+ weeks, feeder/growers, PICC lines, and UAC/UVCs.
Prior experience in a Level III NICU required.
Greater Heights NICU (Level II)
This 12-bed specialty unit is adjacent to Women's Services at Greater Heights. The Charge RN will help with delivery/transition for high risk. Previous NICU experience with Feeder/growers, CPAP, and UAC/UVC preferred.
Population: 32 weeks & up.
Southeast NICU (Level II)
This NICU requires previous NICU experience, comfortable with level 3 babies and stabilization preferred. You will work with feeder/growers, 32 weeks+ with no sustained vents. This is a small unit (17 beds/3-4:1) with a slower pace. Nurses in the NICU will cross-train and float frequently to Mother/Baby and Labor & Delivery to assist with transitioning.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements (NRP, PALS)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
RN I <1 year
RN II = 1-3 years
RN III = 3-10 years
RN IV = 10+ years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile