Certified Nursing Assistant - Supp/PRN
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for performing advanced indirect and selected direct patient care duties in support of the nursing process in a competent manner under the direction of an RN in the Inpatient Hospice Unit, Home Hospice, or University Place as outlined in the Skills Inventory. Assists in providing a safe and clean environment and works cooperatively with patient and family and shares observations and problems with the supervisor. Completes clerical duties as assigned
Supplemental Certified Nursing Assistant, Skilled Nursing Unit - University Place in Southwest Houston
*availability to work 2 shifts/2 week period
*availability to work day & night shift preferred
*1+ yr exp required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a Texas accredited CNA program with at least 160 hours of extern clinical experience in a designated specialty area
Certified as a Nursing Assistant by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services required
Certified in Basic Life Support required
Completion of Certified Home Health Aide Program preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Clinical externship in one (1) of the following areas, acute care hospital or home hospice setting, or a long-term care facility preferred
- At least one (1) year experience as, a Hospice Aide or Nursing Assistant in a hospital, nursing home, home health agency, hospice, or long term care facility preferred
- Ability to understand written instructions and perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures, including a working knowledge of basic medical terminology and computer software skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with increased responsibilities
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting
- Ability to travel to patient homes or inpatient facilities as assigned
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provide direct patient care to patient under direction of the RN and according to the Aide Plan of Care.
- Provide necessary skills to assist the patient with safe transfers and ambulation per agency policy.
- Provide necessary skill to appropriately report changes and document pertinent information and care rendered to patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Practice accepted infection control principles. Provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment.
- Promote positive, supportive, respectful communication to patient/family and other employees.
- Provide an environment which promotes respect for patient, privacy and property.
- Provide skills necessary to assist the patient with proper nutrition and adequate fluid intake.
- Provide skills necessary to perform treatments and procedures according to agency policy.
- Promote the agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
- Reports any changes in patient’s condition to the patient’s nurse.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile