Job DescriptionThis position performs echocardiograms to evaluate different aspects of the heart for use by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients
Education: Graduate of an approved School of Cardiac Sonography Technology, Radiologic Technology, or Sonography Technology.
Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support, required
One of the following required:
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International; or
- Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International; or
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs echocardiogram tests on patients: Prepares patients for the test, explains test, positions patients for the test, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the images.
- Enters and monitors patient data
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and escalates issues appropriately.
- Performs quality assurance on the equipment. May assist with initial and renewal application for ACR and other accreditation
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment malfunction to the Supervisor/Manager
- Participates in performance improvement activities established by the department.
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.