Biomedical Technician III TMC
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
It is so exciting to work for a company that truly sticks to their vision and values in terms of how we deliver patient care every day. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the lives of those in our communities, and that is what excites me the most.– Julie B., PBS Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for the primary customer interface and provides day to day work direction for assigned personnel at specific sites to ensure customer satisfaction and service operational excellence. In addition, this position provides technical & On-Call support on the analysis, maintenance, calibration, installation, and upgrades on all assigned medical and other electronic equipment.
Education: Associate degree in related field or equivalent Military Education
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Six (6) years of experience repairing and maintaining biomedical equipment with one (1) year of progressive leadership experience
- Advance Knowledge of Computer networking and programming
- Advance Knowledge of Computer hardware and software to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Advance Knowledge of Industry standards and regulations
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann
- Implements plans for site to consistently meet regulatory and department guidelines through PM completion for medical equipment at 95% or above, and Life support and Critical equipment at 100% for each month.
- Implements plans for site to consistently meet departmental goal for “Open Repair Work Order Average” to be less than 5 days.
- Consistently meets productivity goals of 85% of worked hours are documented in the database.
- Proactively approaches hospital leadership in communicating status of medical equipment inventory (service events, obsolescence, and critical needs).
- Coordinates outside support activities with vendors and clients to obtain completion of equipment support activities and ensures all activities are documented in timely fashion.
- Resolves problems with equipment operation and arrange for parts replacement when needed. (May be responsible for parts approval when needed).
- Ensures Shop cleanliness and organization.
- Participates in Annual Technical Competency to establish future training needs.
- Coordinates Nursing In-service on equipment operational issues to reduce Operator Errors while improving patient quality of care.
Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors, adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity of service.
Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Nurse Fellowship Program – Red Duke Trauma Institute, Medicine Services, and Emergency Department Services at Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center (For Internals Only) Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Critical Care, Nursing - Transplant
- Medical Assistant - MHMG Firethorne Katy Texas Medical Assistants
- Sr Medical Tech - Lab Processing/Phlebotomy Houston Texas Laboratory Services