AVP Medical Operations - Memorial Hermann Medical Group
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryEstablished by Memorial Hermann in 2006, Memorial Hermann Medical Group (MHMG) brings together many of Houston's leading physicians under one umbrella organization. The individual and group practices that comprise Memorial Hermann Medical Group represent primary care physicians and specialists who share a common vision - to provide the highest level of quality care to their patients.
The Associate Vice President (AVP) of Medical Operations is primarily responsible for management of multi-specialty employed physicians/APP’s as they deliver safe, effective, high quality ambulatory medical care to patients in the Greater Houston area.
In collaboration with Business and Clinical operations teams, the AVP will explore, propose, and assist in implementing innovative models of team-based care across the care continuum. The AVP reports to the VP and CMO of Memorial Hermann Medical Group.
To learn more about the Memorial Hermann Medical Group, visit: https://memorialhermann.org/services/specialties/mhmg/about-us
Education: Graduate from an accredited School of Medicine
- Current license to Medical Doctor license in state of Texas
- Current Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- CPE and FACHE preferred
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in a Clinical Specialty
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- 10 total years of experience: Five (5) years of recent experience as a clinically practicing physician, Five (5) years of supervisory/physician leadership experience
- Eligible for Memorial Hermann credentialing as a medical staff member
- Communication: Effective oral and written communication skills. Articulate and active listener. Driven to provide timely and transparent communication to physicians.
- Collaboration: Established track record of accomplishments in medical management leading to successful collaborative work with physicians. Teamwork skills that support quality patient care initiatives.
- Project Management: Superior problem-solving and project management skills. Exhibits the ability to identify goals, assemble and lead effective teams, achieve and maintain successful implementation/outcomes in clinical workflows projects.
- Decision-Making:Able to make complex decisions that are in the best interest of the organization. Has experience working with sophisticated information systems and assisting in clinical setting implementation. Strong financial management skills and expertise in change leadership.
- Compassion:Visionary, creative and results-oriented. Proactive and self-motivated leader who works with little direction. Committed to integrating the Memorial Hermann culture into all internal and external customer interactions. Willing to deliver on our vision to ‘create healthier communities now and for generations to come.’
Managing Physician/Provider Performance
- Provide direct management of specialty physicians/APP’s practicing in the Northwest, North, Northeast, Southeast and Pearland areas of Houston.
- Supervise three (3) regional medical directors (RMD) who provide direct management of PCP physicians and APP’s practicing in the Northwest, North, Northeast, Southeast and Pearland areas of Houston.
- Serve as a mentor and first point of contact for RMD questions/concerns.
- In collaboration with business/clinical leaders meet in-person quarterly (ad hoc as needed) with all PCP and Specialty physicians/APP’s in regions mentioned above.
- In collaboration with CMO determine and review the annual Quality Performance Incentive (QPI) for all physicians. Monitor performance on QPI metrics throughout the year.
- Develop content and lead weekly RMD calls and monthly in-person RMD team meetings.
- In collaboration with AVP partners develop content, review and distribute weekly AVP communication updates
- Legal/Regulatory Compliance: serve as primary performance manager and coach including, but not limited to, initiatives targeting coding, documentation, HIPAA, timely completion and risk management for assigned providers. Mentor RMD’s in this activity.
- Lead MHMG councils and other engagement activities as assigned
- Contribute to Memorial Hermann System initiatives that involve Memorial Hermann Medical Group as assigned.
Quality & Safety
- Work with the CMO, CNO/Quality Team, ACO councils and payer contracting groups in the annual review and updating of quality indicators and the establishment of targets/benchmarks and integration with overall system and community reporting.
- Work with CMIO, Quality team and DBO’s to implement clinical practice workflows and EMR workflows at practice sites to help close preventive health quality measures, improve management of chronic diseases and facilitate effective transition of care.
- Supervise the deployment and implementation of treatment guidelines for physicians and APP’s as developed and endorsed by MHMG governance councils.
- Serve as the secondary contact for professional and ambulatory peer review issues.
- Work with RMD’s, HR, customer experience management teams to champion physician/APP collaboration in patient satisfaction initiatives. Investigate any escalated patient complaints.
- Along with MHMG Business and Clinical Operations teams lead the development, implementation and execution of LEAN clinical workflow projects within the corresponding region.
- Along with MHMG and System Business and Clinical Operations team lead the deployment and execution of strategies to improve overall ACO quality performance and value based care outcomes.
- Work with AVP partners and RMD’s to design and maintain standardized templates, clinical contact hours, and workflows that improve clinical efficiency and foster teamwork at all practice sites.
- In concert with Business Operations leaders and the Director of Finance develop an understanding of budget goals and limitations and integrate clinical operations/workflows to those financial goals
- In concert with Business Operations leaders and the AVP of Physician Revenue Cycle develop an understanding of revenue cycle issues and challenges and develop operational processes to optimize collections, reimbursement, and cash flow for the organization.
Human Relations/Organizational Development
- In collaboration with the Medical Operations team develop/deploy physician satisfaction initiatives.
- In collaboration with Medical Operations team understand a physician’s professional and personal development goals and in relation to improving work-life balance.
- Help foster timely completion of all licensure, credentialing and assigned job duties
- Serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- To enhance the value to the customer in a clinically integrated network, work directly with physicians and APP’s to enhance MHHS network utilization goals. Monitor compliance and provide feedback on network utilization rates to Chief Medical Officer for MHMG and MHMD.
- As a part of annual strategic planning, identify sites across the system for recruitment, retention, acquisition and mid-level supplementation opportunities
- In concert with the RMD’s coordinate and help moderated regional networking meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile