Automated QA Tester
As part of the Information Service Division (ISD), you’ll help process and store information throughout the Memorial Hermann Health System. This includes providing support, planning and development services as well as delivering and supporting secure systems in our more than 300 care delivery sites across Greater Houston. You’ll play a critical role in ensuring the continued health and well-being of our system’s entire technology infrastructure.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
Memorial Hermann being named one of the ‘Most Wired Healthcare Organizations’ for numerous years is proof that we value technology and advancing patient care through smarter, faster systems.- Jason W., Lead Applications Programmer/Analyst
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for programming computer applications and systems in support of projects and business objectives. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills required in a large, complex corporate Information System. A working knowledge of mainframe, minicomputer, or microcomputer strategies, environments, equipment, operating systems, development tools and methodologies is required. The Application Programmer Analyst reports directly to the Manager, and may receive leadership from Senior and Lead Application Programmer Analysts.
The Application Programmer Analyst applies technical skills, in line with MH’s values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality services. The Application Programmer Analyst is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to the values of the corporation tHuman Resourcesough active participation in the Partners In Caring, Customer Service and Continuous Quality Improvement programs.
Education: Associates degree ortwo (2) years programming experience
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Programming knowledge and skills
- Acceptable interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs design, coding, debugging, testing and implementation of computer programs and systems with some guidance.
- Addresses and resolves user issues.
- Develops an understanding of user terminology.
- Provides customer support to both internal and external customers.
- Develops an understanding of ISD solution segments.
- Develops and implements program documentation.
- Adheres to technical programming and application standards.
- Completes assigned service requests/projects according to established schedules and timeframes.
- Contributes as a team member.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Patient Access Representative, Emergency Room, 7p - 7a (Wednesday to Saturday) Houston Texas Administrative / Support Services
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse- Nights, Southeast Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- RN - Labor & Delivery - Nights The Woodlands Texas Nursing, Nursing - Labor & Delivery