Anesthesia Tech, FT Weekends 6:30am-3pm
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for assisting the anesthesiologist in the operating room.
Anesthesia Tech, FT Weekends 6:30am-3pm
*Full time; Every Saturday and Sunday, 6:30am-3pm + additional shifts during the week (must be flexible depending on coverage needed)
*2+ years of Anesthesia experience preferred
*Hospital experience required
This position is located at Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center.
Education: Graduate of accredited school for anesthesia technology; orHigh School Diploma orGED with two (2) years of current Operating Room experience
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assists anesthesiologists as directed, performing duties according to the age/needs of the patient/patient population served.
- Prepares anesthesia machine and cart with required supplies prior to each case; assists in maintaining anesthesia and monitoring equipment/ancillary devices, warmers (fluid & patient), accuracy and/or the adjustment or exchange of monitors, ventilators and gas cylinders as indicated.
- Demonstrates an ability to recognize specialty needs and anticipate preparation and follow-up i.e. CJD, MH, Airborne-TB, Latex sensitivity and Laser cases.
- Demonstrates the ability to assist with endotracheal intubation and extubation procedures during routine and emergency procedures.
- Performs inventory; orders and restocks anesthesia medications, trays and supplies; restocks anesthesia carts according to established protocol; cleans and restocks anesthesia machines, cart, supply rooms, shelves, and refrigerators as required; transports anesthesia equipment/supplies to other departments as needed.
- Ensures clean to dirty sanitation/containment and standard infection control precautions and professional performance. This includes but not limited to: vigilant sterile technique and care with invasive lines, facilitate/assist anesthesiologist in following CDC guidelines for Central Line Placement-Deterring CRBSI Catheter-related blood stream infections, disinfection and high level disinfection of semi-critical items and care of flexible scopes and specialty instrumentation.
- Actively participates in Quality Assurance and associated documentation.
- Other duties may be carried as patient care dictates, such as but not limited to: patient hair removal, blood product & blood cooler transport, patient transport, anesthetized patient positioning within national safety goals and MHHS RED Rules and Surgical Safety Checklist.
- Demonstrates the ability to assume leadership role, and is an expert in all expectations of the role.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K Sign-On - RN - Surgical Tele (Northeast/Humble), Full-Time, Days Humble Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- OR Coordinator/ Scheduler, FT Days Houston Texas Surgical Services
- Telemetry Monitoring Tech, PRN Nights Humble Texas Imaging / Diagnostic, Allied Health, Laboratory Services, PRN