Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Ambulatory Pharmacy Director
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Director, Ambulatory Pharmacy Services is responsible for the overall operation and clinical components of ambulatory pharmacy services for all ambulatory services including but not limited to pharmacies and home infusion. This position will also provide and support strategic initiatives specifically with 340B, Specialty Pharmacy, population health management PBM, and transitions of care. Will work in collaboration with operation and clinical leadership. The Director, Ambulatory Pharmacy Services will provide support to improve patient care, operational efficiency, and ensure the development of ambulatory care services throughout the organization.
The position reports to the System Vice President of Pharmacy.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy and Master’s Degree, preferably in Science, Health Administration or Business Administration
- Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Board certification in Pharmacotherapy or other specialty required within 12 months of employment
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five or more (5+) years of leadership or management experience, preferably in ambulatory care
- Ability to solve problems, establish trust and credibility and deal effectively with a highly matrixed, rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “We Advance Health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides oversight, direction and leadership for ambulatory functions such as retail services and home infusion as well as support 340B, specialty services, and clinical ambulatory such as population health, transitions of care and PBM.
- Serves as a positive role model to staff, ensuring that customer service is a priority.
- Establishes scope of services and develops annual implementation plans which contribute to organizational strategic objectives.
- Communicates with staff and promotes staff ownership in problem solving and participation in operational decision-making.
- Prepares annual budget, controls and reduces costs, forecasts operational needs, and reviews expenditures to ensure budget limits are not exceeded.
- Coordinates monthly financial reporting and analysis, including, but not limited to, metric reporting, scorecards, and variance analysis and reporting.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile