Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Advanced Practice Provider, In-patient Float
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThis APP will float between different Mischer Neuroscience Practices across the greater Houston area. Schedule flexibility will be a requirement. This is a Full-time position.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants highly encouraged to apply.
Responsible for providing comprehensive patient care congruent with role and approved population foci (Family/Individual across lifespan, Adult/Gerontology, Neonatal, Pediatrics, Women’s Health/Gender Related, Psychiatric Mental Health) through systemic assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management, and follow up affecting direct patient care.
Nurse Practitioner / Advanced Practice Nurse
Education: Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program approved by the State of Texas. Master's required. May encompass the following specialties: CRNA, CNM, CNS, CNP.
- Licensed to practice professional nursing by the State of Texas.
- Licensure by the State of Texas APRN and eligibility for full prescriptive authority by the State of Texas.
- Certified by a recognized national certification by the State Board of Texas in area of population foci and/or additional specialty recognition beyond the APRN.
- Eligibility for DEA licensure.
- BLS and ACLS OR PALS OR NRP certification required within one (1) year of employment.
Education: Graduate of a nationally accredited Physician Assistant program. Master's strongly preferred.
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, Inc.
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners.
- Eligibility for DEA licensure.
- BLS and ACLS OR PALS OR NRP Certification required within one(1) year of employment.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years clinical experience preferred in area of intended practice.
- First Assist and/or EVD experience preferred.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides health promotion and the assessment, diagnosis, and management of patient problems which includes the use and prescription of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic intervention, assessment, triage, and therapeutic management of patient/family needs throughout the disease process and across the health wellness-illness continuum as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team, according to the age/needs of the patient population served.
- For prescriptive authority, APRN or PA acts under the delegation of a supervising physician, maintaining an active Prescriptive Authority agreement in accordance with regulations and policy.
- Practices within approved protocols, guidelines, and clinical pathways and evidence based medicine.
- Transitions between inpatient/outpatient.
- Directs and evaluates throughput; delegates or provides backup assistance including triage.
- Ability to float, round to multiple facilities and/or take call (first call).
- External Ventricular Drain (EVD) Insertion (Mischer Neurosciences only).
- Provides accurate billing, coding and documentation.
- Completes medical records and submit charges in a timely manner.
- Responsible for overall unit performance in collaboration with physicians or other providers.
- First Assist physicians in performing surgical procedures by providing support as needed.
- Obtains medical histories; performs physical examinations/ reviews/orders/interprets diagnostic tests and radiographic results; formulates and manages patient treatment plan and outcomes; provides interventions and performs procedures within legal cope and authority that the APRN or PA is approved, delegated to and credentialed to perform including but not limited to incision and drainage, pelvic exams, lesion removal/destruction, suturing, and casting/splinting.
- Collaborates in the development and evaluation of patient care. Updates clinical guidelines/protocols/pathways; works autonomously and accepts accountability for outcomes; signs orders in accordance with institution and state board requirements; collaborates in research and teaching projects and applies research to practice.
- Uses interpersonal and verbal communication skills to educate patient/family on care resources; participates in process improvement and multidisciplinary clinical outcome improvement activities utilizing advanced nursing expertise.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO CANDIDATES: Recently there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, misrepresenting Memorial Hermann Health System (MHHS) in the market. People have been offered fake jobs with our health system. At MHHS, we take this matter seriously, and are working closely with the appropriate authorities to effectively address the issue. By making you aware of this, we hope to avoid, and ultimately prevent, unsuspecting individuals from falling victim to this scam. The following are common signs of a “job scam”:
- You are asked to pay a fee or provide your credit card/bank account information when submitting your resume/application.
- You receive communication from a recruiter with an email address from a free web-based email service (e.g. @gmail.com) as opposed to from a company email account.
- You receive an email from a recruiter whose contact information is not provided.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile