Medical Intermediate Care (MIMU) RN - TMC, Day & Night Shifts
As a nurse, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. Here, you’ll find a range of nursing opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in health care.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Quick Thinker
If I had to describe the work environment in one word, it would be “team-focused.” I have seen my unit come together during the most challenging times and I experienced the difference a unified team approach can make in patient care. My colleagues inspire me.– Ingry U., Critical Care RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryCollaborates with the physician and healthcare team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process. Provides professional nursing care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records. MHHS hires RNs based on years of experience groupings (i.e. newly licensed RN [working under the supervision of RN clinical preceptor], less than 1 year, 1-3 years, 3 to 10 and 10+).
The Medical IMU offers the opportunity for nurses to care for a mixed acuity patient population. We provide care for intermediate care medicine patients. The unit provides a unique opportunity that allows nurses to build critical thinking skills and helps to provide a foundation for furthering their skillset to help them attain their career goals. Cross training to care for ICU patients is an opportunity that our nurses can take advantage of (after 1 year of employment).
Patient population: Mixed acuity, patients requiring intermediate care for medical conditions (Sepsis, DKA, COPD, sickle cell, etc.)
IMU – chronic ventilators, non-titrated drips
ICU – titrated drips, ventilators, arterial lines, etc.
Although the unit is small, we value teamwork and feel like family. We value quality as demonstrated by low CAUTIs (1 in 4 years), CLABSIs (2 in 1 year) as well as a 50% reduction in HAPI (hospital acquired pressure injuries) in the last year. Our staff has NP support on day shift and night shift.
Memorial Hermann TMC is part of the largest medical center in the world. As a campus we are continually working to positively impact and improve care. We were recently ranked 7th out of 93 Academic Medical Centers nationwide for superior quality and safety by Vizient Quality and Accountability Study.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- RN I < 1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Effective oral and written communication
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of practice and clinical competency.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Ortho/OR Registered Nurse (FT/Days) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Registered Nurse, ER, Nights, Greater Heights Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Emergency
- Registered Nurse - Non Invasive Cardiology, Part Time Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg