Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Supplemental Ultrasound Technologist-2
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThis position performs ultrasound procedures to be used by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology or Sonography Technology
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support, required
- One of the following required:
- Registered Sonographer by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists(ARRT-S) or
- Registered Vascular Sonographer by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-VS) or
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International or
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International or
- Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International or
- Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International
- For facilities performing routine vascular studies, incumbent must be registered for vascular ultrasound
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs ultrasound / sonography procedures on patients: Prepares patients for the exam, explains procedure, positions patients for the exam, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the images
- Enters and monitors patient data
- Performs quality assurance on the ultrasound equipment. May assist with initial and renewal application for ACR and other accreditation.
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment malfunction to department management
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab