Cardiovascular Tech, Days - Cypress
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for assisting physicians in the cath lab as part of a team who performs both diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac procedures being proficient in all aspects of Cardiac Cath Lab procedures and requiring little to no supervision.
Education: Graduate of an academic program of health sciences or invasive cardiovascular technology, required; If employee has been credentialed as an RCIS by the CCI since 2013 or earlier; formal education is not required
Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support and one (1) of the following required:
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International; or
Registered Radiological Technologist in Cardiovascular-Interventional Technology (ARRT-CV) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; or
Five (5) years of experience as an Invasive Cardiovascular Technologist
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides technical support to physicians during catheterization procedures as a scrub technician, charter or driver, providing physician with handling of sterile equipment.
- Records all types of cardiovascular procedures; performs physiologic monitoring of patients during procedures interpreting ECG patterns and dysrhythmias.
- Analyzes arterial and venous blood gas and respired gas samples through the operation of automatic analyzing equipment to determine patient’s cardiac output, metabolic state and oxygen saturation.
- Enters patient data in computer for patient record at a competent level and according to the age/needs of the patient/population served.
- Operates recording and imaging equipment, as required, and maintains quality control of hemodynamic equipment and film processing equipment.
- Maintains supplies and equipment in the Cardiac Cath Laboratory according to department standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles. Specific age groups that are served by this position are circled:
| Neonate | Infant | Pediatric | Adolescent | Adult | Adult/Geriatric |
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- PACU Registered Nurse (FT/Varied) - Northeast Hospital Humble Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Driver Houston Texas Facilities, Environmental & Engineering
- OR Support Tech - Operating Room, FT Nights Houston Texas Surgical Services