Houston is home to the Texas Medical Center, the world’s largest medical complex, with a local economic impact of $10 billion. More than 106,000+ people work within its facilities, which encompass 21 million square feet. Altogether 7.2 million patients visit them each year. In the center, we operate Memorial Hermann-TMC, Children’s Memorial Hospital and TIRR Memorial Hermann. Memorial Hermann also operates cancer centers, surgery centers, community hospitals and medical centers across the Greater Houston area.
- If Houston were an independent nation, it would rank as the world's 27th largest economy.
- The ACCRA Cost of Living Index shows that Houston's overall after-taxes living costs are 4.5 percent below the nationwide average, largely due to housing costs that are 9.8 percent below the average.
- Houstonians eat out more than residents of any other city. While here, you can choose to indulge in diverse international cuisine at more than 11,000 restaurants and over 1,000 food trucks and stands.
- Houston has a Theater District second only to New York City with its concentration of seats in one geographic area. Located downtown, the 17-block Theater District is home to seven performing arts organizations and five flagship theaters with more than 13,000 seats.
- More than 90 languages are spoken throughout the Houston area.
- Houston features one of the country’s most visited and diverse cultural centers and 19 exceptional museums. This unique district offering a range of museums, galleries, and art and cultural institutions.
- Houston has more than 500 institutions devoted to the performing and visual arts, science and history. We are also one of five U.S. cities that offer year-round resident companies in all major performing arts.
- Houston has professional teams representing football, baseball, men's and women's basketball, soccer and AHL hockey, as well as professional roller derby and rugby.
- Houston is home to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. The largest rodeo in the world, it attracts more than 1.8 million visitors each year.
- Houston boasts over 440,000 students across more than 35 higher learning institutions – offering education options to suit all interests.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) – Hospice Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - LVN
- Sign-On Bonus $10K! RN - Ambulatory Care Center - Days Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Critical Care, Nursing - Transplant
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Driver Houston Texas Facilities, Environmental & Engineering