Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Memorial Hermann hires the best and brightest professionals to help us achieve our mission to advance health for the patients and communities we serve. We provide our employees with a caring and supportive work environment, learning and development opportunities and a competitive compensation program. Our employee benefits are designed to help you achieve physical, emotional and financial health – a Healthy Balance. Here is a brief overview of some of these programs:
Memorial Hermann provides comprehensive benefits for its employees. Benefits eligibility is determined by employment status.
Memorial Hermann offers two medical plans, the Memorial Hermann Care Plan and the Catastrophic Plan. A pharmacy plan is included with medical coverage. Both plans offer in-network only coverage.
- Memorial Hermann Care Plan – designed with comprehensive coverage and a deductible. This plan offers comprehensive health coverage from two provider tiers, the MH Preferred tier and the Basic tier. Employees can choose between either tier for care and have the flexibility to move between tiers throughout the year based on need.
- MH Preferred – lower copays than the Basic tier. After copays and deductibles are met, Memorial Hermann pays the rest.
- Basic – has higher out-of-pocket costs than the MH Preferred tier.
- Catastrophic Plan – designed to cover serious illness and injury. Full- and part-time employees can elect any coverage level. Supplemental employees can elect employee only or employee + child(ren) coverage.
- Same for both medical plans; costs will be based, in part, on the types of drugs purchased and where they are bought.
Two Dental Plans
- Dental PPO – designed with the choice of a broader network.
- Dental HMO – designed to encourage regular visits with lower copays.
- Provides coverage, including eye exams, prescription lenses, eyeglass frames, contact lenses and more.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Provides various counseling programs such as financial, substance abuse, personal and marriage counseling.
Retirement Savings Plans
- On your first day of employment, you are eligible to contribute to Memorial Hermann's 403(b)/401(k) retirement plans and Memorial Hermann will match your contribution dollar for dollar up to 6% of pay. A vesting schedule applies.
Career & Development Programs
- Certification reimbursement.
- Tuition reimbursement, as well as education planning and advice.
- Student Loan Repayment for degrees earned in the last three years.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Healthcare FSA – allows you to contribute pre-tax dollars to cover eligible healthcare expenses.
- Dependent Care FSA – allows you to contribute pre-tax dollars to cover eligible dependent care expenses.
Short-Term Disability Plans
- Employee-Paid Plan – you have the option to purchase short-term disability coverage until you become eligible for the employer - paid plan.
- Employer-Paid Plan – pays up to 60% of base salary while you are on an extended illness leave after one year of service with Memorial Hermann.
Long-Term Disability Plan
- Employer - paid plan that pays up to 50% of your base salary with the option to purchase an additional 10% of pay benefit.
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Employer - paid coverage that provides one times your annual salary, as well as the option to purchase life insurance for your spouse and child.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plan
- Purchase insurance that pays a benefit in the event you or a covered dependent suffer accidental injuries that result in death or dismemberment.
- Provides up to $5,000 to defray the cost of adopting a child.
Employee Discount Spot
- Employee discounts on a broad range of products and services.
Bright Horizons Benefits
- Back-up Care – provides caregiving solutions when your regular care is unavailable. Program consists of emergency care and scheduled care for children, teens, adults and elderly family members.
- Additional Family Supports – connects you with resources for ongoing care for children, elderly and pets and with providers for tutoring and test prep.
- College Coach - provides impartial insight from former admissions and financial aid officers. Free resources include live events, personalized assistance and more!
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Critical Illness Plan
- Group Accident Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Prepaid Legal Plan
Time Off Programs
- Paid Time Off (accrual begins after completion of first day of employment)
- Designated Holidays (6)
- Personal Holidays (2)
- Spiritual Holiday (1)
- Jury Duty
- Family & Medical Leave
- Extended Medical Leave (non-Family & Medical Leave)
- Unpaid Excused Leave
|Memorial Hermann Care Plan||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Catastrophic Plan 1||X||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Pharmacy Plan||X||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Employee Assistance Program||X||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Dental Plans||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Vision Plan||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Flexible Spending Accounts||X||Date of Employment|
|Retirement Plans||X||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Employer Paid Short-Term Disability Plan2||X||X||Pay period following completion of one year of employment|
|Employee Paid Short-Term Disability Plan2||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Long-Term Disability Plan||X||Date of Employment|
|Life Insurance Plan3,4||X||Date of Employment|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plan4||X||Date of Employment|
|Tuition Reimbursement Program||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Student Loan Repayment Program||X||X||After 6 months of Employment|
|Adoption Benefit||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Back-Up Care Advantage Program||X||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Employee Discount||X||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Critical Illness Plan||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Group Accident Plan||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Pre-Paid Legal Plan||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Purchasing Program||X||X||After 9 months of Employment|
|Auto and Home Insurance||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Pet Insurance||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Paid Time Off5||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Personal Holidays6||X||91st Day of Employment|
|Spiritual Holiday5||X||Date of Employment|
|Designated Holidays||X||Date of Employment|
|Family Medical Leave||X||X||X||After one year of employment with 1,250 hours|
|Extended Medical Leave||X||X||X||Date of Employment|
|Unpaid Excused Leave||X||X||Date of Employment|
|College Coach||X||X||X||Date of Employment|
- Catastrophic coverage is available to supplemental employees for employee or employee plus child(ren) at higher rates.
- Short-Term Disability: You must have one year of employment with Memorial Hermann in order to be eligible for the Employer Paid Short-Term Disability Plan. Full-time and part-time employees not eligible for the Employer Paid Short-Term Disability Plan have the option to purchase the Employee Paid Short-Term Plan. Once you complete one year of employment, you will be automatically removed from the Employee Paid Short-Term Disability Plan and enrolled in the Employer Paid Short-Term Disability Plan.
- Effective date may be dependent upon completion of an Evidence of Insurability.
- You must be actively at work on the day your enrollment or increase in coverage limit becomes effective in order to receive this benefit in the event of your death.
- Accrued time off is reflected in your bank the pay period after your first day of employment.
- Accrued time off is reflected in your bank the pay period after your 90th day of employment.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer Houston Texas Imaging / Diagnostic
- Occupational Health RN (Contract Assignment) Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- Materials Management Attendant, Days - Memorial City Houston Texas Allied Health, Materials Management